Our Awesome Facilitators
The secret to our great results with kids is our phenomenal staff. The experiences and excitement they create are so memorable and fun, that we’ve had many Connect Us kids return to us as young adults to join our staff. We are always looking to recruit candidates with a proven track record of leadership to facilitate our After-School Social Groups, Recess Facilitation and Summer Camp Programs. All facilitator hours are part-time with schedule options ranging from 2 to 20 hours a week during a program session.
If you’re looking for paid, part-time and/or seasonal hours OR volunteer, community service or internship hours and the characteristics below describe YOU, you may have just found the perfect part-time job!
Facilitator Skills & Attributes
- ~Friendly, energetic, fun-loving and positive–can create fun in an instant
- ~Innate ability to communicate and connect with children, regardless of their background or abilities
- ~Maintains a high standard for self, learns quickly, gives 100% to endeavors
- ~Previous experience working with children (ideally with groups of kids, ie., athletic coaching, daycare, camp counselor, etc.)
- ~Easy-going, adaptable, enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- ~Ability to initiate and lead structured, team-based, physical games and sports and creative activities for diverse groups of kids
- ~Passion for improving the social and emotional well-being of children
Currently Hiring 2018 Summer Camp Facilitators!
Our summer camp is an intensive 3-week/3 days per week program where age-based groups of 8-10 children (3-13 years old) are led by trained Facilitator Teams consisting of 3-4 staff: Lead Facilitator (LF), Facilitator-in-Training (FIT) and Junior Facilitator Volunteer (JFV).